Monday 3 October 2011

Professor's Lake, new freestyle spot?

We sure think so! Got there at around 10:00am. Wind was blowing strong but it looked gusty (as we expected it to be). Adam rigged up his 4.1 Firefly and headed out full power busting out a super fast spock on his first run out, this set the tone for the rest of the day. I rigged up my 4.5 Combat and was also fully powered and super excited. The gusts were strong and powerful but long enough to go for some moves. The water was pretty flat making it ideal of freestyle. We spent the rest of the day going for move after move after move. The short distance definitely made it go by quicker. Highlights of the day were probably Adam's super fast grubby 540 as well as his stylish, fully extended, one handed flaka which he almost landed by a hair. I had some long sliding vulcans and sailed out switch stance getting fully on the plane before trying an eslider (got around 180 and exploded, haha). What really made my day was my spock, pulled the entire thing and flipped the sail around but couldn't get my other hand on the boom in time keeping me from fully landing it. Next time for sure i'll get it down nice and clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment